Saturday, August 27, 2011

DIFFICULTIES WITH FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUESTS

The situation arises where one is certain that there must be or have been prejudicial information about ones self in Police Files. The only way to know what happened is to obtain the Police records. Over the years I have tried a number of times to find out what was said to Police so that I could rectify the record. I would say that there was only one occasion when heavily blanked out pages reveled any information. I have received in response to a number of requests and a number of communications a standard complaint form  which posed to me a series of questions. The questions are on a standard complaint form. I have posted my answers and my explanation and my request for all of the information regarding myself .

I consider the situation where my name comes up and prejudicial information is obtained. I am sure that the Police or almost anyone else I think, get the information without third party approval, supplying records of their previous requests and specifics as to what persons were involved or how could anyone get their permission. I am sure that all that's required is my name to get the information about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment